What do marketing agencies do?
In Dubai alone, there are more than 20,000 marketing agencies that cover different business angles.
Most agencies start with basics services such as:
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Management
- Campaigns Management
- Content Creation
- Video Production
As mentioned above, looking for a marketing agency isn’t the hardest part as knowing what to expect from them is the real challenge here! You need to make sure that the agency you will hire will fill in the gap and add the skills and knowledge your business needs & social media or running digital campaigns are only a few of those needs.
How to get internally prepared to choose the right agency?
First of all, you need to be clear about your objectives and what you want to achieve with the agency. Here are some scenarios:
You are looking for an agency that manages your social media account. Be specific about your budget, contract duration, how many posts you want to be published & how many followers you want to get.
In another scenario, you are looking for an agency that runs your paid campaigns. Also here, be specific on how many transactions you want to generate and what is the reasonable cost per transaction.
In short, make sure that you are specific & clear with your goals!
Who should be involved in selecting the marketing agency?
In case you work in a big company make sure to assemble a squad of 3 to 4 but not more than 8 – 10 people from the following departments:
- Marketing: to share their perspective of work
- Sales: To highlight the main selling points to focus on
- Procurement: To be aware of the finances and its costs
The squad must include decision maker/s, internal consultants to share their experience and to give opinions on the proposed agencies and informed individuals such as someone from Finance. We recommend having one person as a communication point. Highly recommended that be a marketing individual
Prepare a solid request for proposal (RFP)
For those who don’t know what RFP is, it’s a business document that shares a full detailed description of the project and solicits bids from qualified contractors to complete it.
- Preparing the RFP and opening it for biddings to marketing agencies will help you save time.
- Where agencies will have access to the well-organized RFP and offer the proposal that fits you.
- The RFP will increase the odds to choose the right agency.
- Having RFPs helps you be on the schedule
In conclusion, asking agencies for bidding on your project is the easiest part. However, choosing the right agency is the biggest challenge. It starts with knowing what you expect from the agency. You must tell the agency what your challenges are and what you would like to achieve in order to let them help you in the best way possible.
What’s your logic?
It’s really easy to get lost in “Let’s work on our social media channels” As it gets more complex that it seems
Clear KPI’s is a must for any business growth plan, this includes social media strategy. Here are the social media goals that you need to consider:
Website traffic KPI’s:
- Sessions: Is the number of users who lands on your website, interact with the pages within 30 minutes.
- Pageview: Is the number of pages was viewed on your website
- Bounce rate: How quickly a customer bounce from your website. The lesser the percentage the better.
- Session duration: How long a user spends on your website.
Thinking of your social media channels as two ways of communicating is the way how it should be. In other words, whatever you put on your social media must generate a reaction from your audience. We can summarise it with the following KPI’s “Key Performance Indicators”
- Comments, likes, shares & mentions: If your goal is to use social media as a channel to hear more from your audience, your post must focus more on call to actions that will drive users to add their opinions. Such as,
- Direct messages: As one of the most engagement KPI’s because it most likely means that those users are more likely to buy or use your service as the reach you directly.
You need to use your social media channels to be on top of your customer’s mind. This goal can easily be evaluated by:
- Reach: How many users your update reached
- Impressions: How many impressions your post gave on user’s feed
- Frequency: How many times a user saw your ads per day.
It’s really important to have a plan in mind. Sitting your goals in simple excel sheet with the KPI’s you are planning to measure can save you & your team a lot of time and efforts.