If you are thinking of starting a business in the UAE. Ecommerce or any online business might be a life change decision. Here are some data you must go through
- 99% of the UAE population is using the internet
- 9.38 are using social media such as Facebook & Instagram
- Online shopping is growing so fast that the global online shopping market size is predicted to hit 4 trillion in 2020.
- At least 60% of shoppers in the UAE and KSA have completed at least 1 transaction.
- 150USD is what GCC shopper spend on average
Here are 4 reasons sum it up:
It can be extremely inexpensive
Having a full-time job is never a barrier to start your side business. All that you need is a good product that you believe in, a good website to present your products online. A solid marking plan to reach the right audience. You must keep in mind the following:
- Website design: Varies between AED 10,000 to AED 20,000
- Data entry: This will vary depending on the amount you need to enter
- Marketing budget: Again depending on your products. However, if your product is sports fashion cost AED 150 keep in mind that you need up to AED 3,000 to AED 5,000 monthly
- Business registration: You can start as lower as AED 30,000
Totally, you need to keep in mind that AED 50,000 to AED 70,000 is a good amount to start.
No need a physical store anymore, higher margin
Rather than hustling finding the best location for your shop or store, the online business gives you the ability to anywhere and everywhere. Where you will be a click away from your customers.
Huge growth potential in the long term, incredible scalability
Being able to present your business online means that potential customers can reach you anytime from anywhere.
Unlike traditional businesses, online business is accessible to all internet users. The good news is that 98% of the UAE residences have internet access
100% outsource is possible
You can take your business from zero to hero with full outsourcing. For instance, you can hire a freelancer or an external agency to build your website, Deal with a manufactory in China to send you the needed products. Many companies are ready to handle your deliveries and of course you can hire external customer care centre.
In today’s world and especially after COVID-19 hitting the world badly, consumers behaviour moved more toward the online world. Many of DMB4 clients are individuals who already have a full time job and having ecommerce businesses as side ideas.